It's unfortunate that freight trains rumble only yards away from the front door of the 1803 House. Yet it's fortunate this handsome stone house was not destroyed when the railroad was built. It is on the National Register of Historic Places. It stands outside the closed Moravian village of Emmaus, but is close to the heart of that community -- its church. Unlike the other two historical homes in Emmaus, this one is just a couple of blocks from Main Street, right off Minor Street. The federal-style house was donated to the borough in 1975 by Robert Rodale, who included a generous contribution toward its restoration as a museum concerning the early years of the community. It is open for tours by appointment. It is operated by The Friends of the 1803 House.
55 Keystone Ave, Emmaus, PA 18049
(610) 965-0152
  • Hours: Call for tours for groups or individuals
Share a review or post about this business.
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Who wants to be the first to post?
See more »