To help you make the most out of those precious two days known as the weekend, we've compiled some highlights of what's happening in and around in and around Emmaus on Saturday and Sunday.
Heck, we even gave you a few options for Friday, in case you want to get the party started early! Have fun!
- Halloween Haunt opens Friday at Dorney Park, 4000 Dorney Park Road, South Whitehall, with mazes, scary creatures and thrill rides. (Not for anyone under 13, according to the park website.) Park hours are 6 p.m. to midnight, Friday; 11 a.m. to midnight, Saturday. Tickets begin at $30.99. For more information click on https://www.dorneypark.com/haunt
- Entertainment abounds at the Molten Lounge at Sands Bethlehem. On Friday, The Aardvarks appear at 9:30 p.m. On Saturday, it's Digital Getdown at 9:30 p.m. On Sunday, Off The Road takes the stage at 8 p.m.
- St. Anne's Episcopal Church, located at 6667 Lower Macungie Road in Trexlertown is holding a Community Day/Yard Sale at 8 a.m. Saturday.
- St. Matthew's EC Church is holding a community clothing closet on Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. During this time, the closet is open for clothing donations and shopping. This is open to anyone in need. The church is located at 5th & Ridge Streets in Emmaus.
- East Penn Middle School Football, with back-to-back games at 10 a.m. and 11:15 at Easton Area Middle School.
- The second annual Valley Preferred Wheels for Hope race for the Angel 34 Foundation is scheduled for Saturday at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center, 1151 Mosser Road in Breinigsville. Click here for more information and how to register. The Budweiser Clydesdales of Super Bowl commercial fame will appear from noon to 3 p.m.
- The Bon-Ton at The South Mall is holding a shoe event Saturday. Save 30 percent on all better and euro shoes. Choose from many styles and colors for both women and men. If you cannot get to the store Saturday, come in early and reserve your shoes.
- The Da Vinci Science Center, located at 3145 Hamilton Blvd. Bypass in Allentown is holding Joe's Workshop Program on Saturday. Joe’s Workshop Programs give visitors ages 14 and under opportunities to build basic items to enjoy at home with Da Vinci Science Center educator and handyman Joe Schoenly. As they build, the visitors learn basic scientific and mathematical concepts. Click here for more information.
- Kids eat free Sunday at the Buckeye Tavern, located at 3741 Brookside Road in Macungie.
- Everybody loves free. The nearby Allentown Art Museum is free to all on Sunday. Hours are noon to 4 p.m.
- The second annual iRUNpigs 5K presented by East Penn Foot & Ankle along with a 1.5-mile walk and Piglet Run for children 12 and under at Coca-Cola Park