- The weather forecast is a bit
iffy this weekend, but when the sun does peak out you may want to head over to
the Emmaus Community Pool for a
final cannon ball. In keeping with tradition, Labor Day weekend will be the pool’s
final four days of operation for the summer. Pool hours are noon to 8 p.m.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- If thunderstorms do hit, have no fear, the Emmaus Movie Theatre has three great movies playing Friday through Thursday – the thriller “Now You See Me,” “The Heat,” a comedy and the family friendly “Despicable Me 2." Visit the movie theater’s website for show times and prices.
- The Great Allentown Fair continues its run through Labor Day at the Allentown Fairgrounds. For specific information on the fair, including hours, headliner acts and admission prices, visit the Great Allentown Fair website.
- Great Allentown Fair headliner Toby Keith will be signing autographs for patrons who buy a $37 bottle of Wild Shot Mezcal Saturday at a South Whitehall Wine & Spirits Store.
- On Sunday, you’ll get the chance to squeeze a little more out of the last few moments of summer through a performance by The Macungie Band in Emmaus Community Park. The show is part of the Summer 2013 Concert Series sponsored by the Special Entertainment Commission. The concert starts at 6 p.m. and will be held rain or shine in the Arts Pavilion.
Do you know about something happening this weekend that the rest of us should know about? Tell us in the comments.