Emmaus High School is closed today as officials sweep the building to make sure it is safe in the wake of a bomb threat. After-school activities were canceled Thursday because of the threat.
The scare comes a week after a mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
Threats and pranks have disrupted classes at schools in several states this week:
- A threat found in a bathroom led to the cancelation of a concert last night and extra security precautions today at Pine-Richland School District in a Pittsburgh suburb.
- A Michigan sheriff is planning patrols at schools today in response to a threat.
- Two St-Louis-area schools were evacuated Thursday after a bomb threat was found scrawled in a bathroom.
- Students were evacuated from a West Virginia school Wednesday following a threat made by phone.
- A Massachusettes school district had two threats this week.
- A young woman was arrested in Tennessee as a result of school threats made Tuesday.
- A 14-year-old boy was charged Tuesday after allegedly making a bomb threat via Twitter in a Buffalo-area school district.