That’s because East Penn has set aside March 10 through March 14 for kindergarten registration for its seven elementary schools.
Children who will be 5 years old on or before Sept. 12 are eligible to enroll, according to information released by East Penn this week.
Parents should register at the school the child will attend.
Though the entire week of March 10 is dedicated to registration, specific building registrations will be held beginning at 9 a.m. in these schools:
- March 10 at Willow Lane Elementary School
- March 11 at Wescosville Elementary School
- March 12 at Shoemaker and Jefferson elementary schools
- March 13 at Lincoln and Macungie elementary schools
- March 14 at Alburtis Elementary School
Here are the five things you and your child should take to registration:
- Completed registration packet
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's record of immunization
- Two proofs of residency that the child's legal parent/ guardian resides in the East Penn School District (refer to the Registration Packet for acceptable proofs of residency)
- Valid parent/guardian photo ID
Kindergarten packets can be downloaded from the district's website.
The East Penn website directs those with questions or concerns prior to registration to contact Mrs. Wendy Crossley at 610.966.8321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.