The retirement of long-time board secretary Cecilia R. Birdsell was also approved by the board Monday. Her last day as an East Penn employee will be June 30.
School Director Francee Fuller said that she would have liked to vote against both Seidenberger’s and Birdsell’s resignations, but that she would approve for both their “richly deserved” retirements. She added that she found Seidenberger and Birdsell’s resignation letters “to be very moving and thorough, demonstrating their commitment to the district and their commitment to education.”
Board President Alan Earnshaw said that he was sure that there would be many opportunities to share “embarrassing stories” about both Seidenberger and Birdsell in the coming months.
Seidenberger announced his plans to retire at the Sept. 23, 2013 board meeting.
In all, the board unanimously approved seven retirements and resignations:
- Dr. Thomas L. Seidenberger, Superintendent of Schools, effective July 1
- Cecilia R. Birdsell, Board Secretary/Executive Assistant to the Superintendent, effective June 30
- Carol Firth, Confidential Assistant in Personnel, March 10
- Ann Miller, Administrative Assistant, Jefferson School, March 10
- Tamah Biello, Instructional Assistant, Wescosville School, Dec. 20, 2013
- Anita Wible, Food Services Department, January 20
- Grace Hochella, Health Room Assistant, January 30
The board also approved the following appointments:
- Full-time Substitute Teacher, Kelly Riccio, Music Teacher at Lincoln and Jefferson elementary schools
- Part-Time Food Service Assistant, Jessica Celone, Willow Lane, $9/hour for 18.75 hours/week
- Part-Time Food Service Assistant, Rosa Mercado, Wescosville, $9/hour for 18.75 hours/week
The board signed off on the following additions to the 2013-2014 List of Per Diem Substitutes:
- Courtney Atkinson, Food Service
- Sean Fisher, English