In a Special Election today for the 134th District, voters will choose the person who will serve out the remaining eight months of former state Rep. Doug Reichley's seat in the state House of Representatives.
and are vying for the seat, which became vacant when Reichley was elected as a Lehigh County judge.
All voters, including those not registered in a party, may cast ballots for either candidate in the Special Election.
Today is also the Primary.
In addition to choosing who will serve out Reichley's seat, voters also will choose their party's nominees for the 134th state House race. The primary winners will square off in the November general election for a two-year term that will begin in January 2013.
Slattery is unopposed in the Democratic primary for the seat, but Mackenzie faces in the Republican primary.
In the Primary, voters also will choose their nominees for president, U.S. Senate and the 15th Congressional District; and their delegates to the national conventions. is unopposed in the Republican primary for the 15th Congressional District seat. However, in Democratic primary for the seat, Jackson Eaton and Richard Daugherty vie for their party's nomination.
Voters also will choose their nominees for several state seats: Attorney General, Auditor General, state House and party committee people.
* Learn about the candidates in (formerly held by Doug Reichley.)
* View the Lehigh County Voters Guide on the races.
* View the guide to the Touch Screen Voter System.
* View the Lehigh County primary ballot. (Note: Only Mackenzie and Dabrow will be on the Republican primary ballot for the 134th state House seat; the other candidates have withdrawn.)
* Polls are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
* . First-time voters must have ID, but poll workers will ask all voters for ID today, as a test run for the general election. In November, under a new state law, all voters - no matter how many years voting - must show a photo ID to vote.
Emmaus Patch Polling Places
- Emmaus 1st District - , Main Street and Keystone Avenue
- Emmaus 2nd District - (4th Street Entrance), 333 Ridge Street
- Emmaus 3rd District - Rodale Energy Center, 1134 Pennsylvania Ave.
- Emmaus 4th District - , 100 N. 6th St.
- Emmaus 5th District - , 235 Seem St.
- Emmaus 6th District - , Pine Street Entrance
In Upper Milford Township:
- Upper Milford, Eastern District - , 3461 Cedar Crest Blvd.
- Upper Milford, Western District - , 5901 King's Highway South, Zionsville
Problems at the polls?
Contact the voter registration office at 610-782-3194.