A 41-year-old Maxatawny Township man faces drug-related and assault charges after allegedly punching his wife in the head inside the Upper Macungie Top Star station, 7739 Hamilton Blvd.
David Danas, of 890 Grim Road, faces charges of simple assault, harassment, public drunkenness, disorderly conduct and possession of heroin.
According to the arrest affidavit:
- Tammy Danas reported to police that she was arguing with her husband, David, over his heroin use, while they were driving in the Upper Macungie area at 7:38 p.m. Wednesday.
- Tammy Danas said she pulled into the Top Star lot and told her husband to get out of the car, and he punched her in the side of the head and chest. She fled into the Top Star.
- David Danas followed her into the store, and Tammy Danas tried to hide behind the counter. He threw items around and used profane language. A store employee said he saw David Danas grab his wife and punch her in the head.
- David Danas fled the store on foot. He was taken into custody a short distance from the store by Berks-Lehigh Regional Police. Police said Danas was uneasy on his feet and appeared to sway back and forth.
- Police said they found three bags of heroin on David Danas, who told police he had used the drug shortly before his encounter with them.
David Danas was arraigned by on-duty District Judge Michael D'Amore of Allentown and sent to jail in lieu of bail.