1. Run your dishwasher or clothes washer only when they are full. You’ll be amazed how much water you can save each month.
2. Wash fruits and vegetables in a bowl, then reuse the “dirty” water to water your house plants.
3. Shorten your shower by one or two minutes and you could save up to 150 gallons of water each month.
4. Adjust sprinklers so that only your lawn is watered (not your sidewalk, driveway, or house).
5. Designate a glass or water bottle and refill it each day for your drinking water. This way, you’ll cut down on the number of glasses to wash.
6. Use a broom instead of a hose to clean off your driveway or sidewalk.
7. When running a bath, plug the tub before turning on the water, then adjust the temperature as the tub fills up.