1. Weather: According to the National Weather Service, it’s time to pull out that ol’ yellow slicker and the galoshes. Today’s forecast says showers are likely, with a possibility a thunderstorm after 7 a.m. And, the weather folks are predicting that some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High temps are expected to approach 81 and the chance of precipitation is pegged at 80 percent.
2. Ask me About Blogging: To learn about blogging and how you blog for Emmaus Patch, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Should Parents Know When Teachers Talk About Sensitive Topics? Whether it’s the death of a classmate’s parent or a school shooting, teachers oftentimes have to address sensitive subjects in the classroom.
Do you know something that we should know today? Tell us in the comments.
4. Quote of the Day: “Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.” –Albert Einstein
5. Today in History: On this day in 2002, Kelly Clarkson makes music and television history, winning Season One of "American Idol" in a live broadcast.