If you have a passion for something – your job, your hobby, your family – then you should be blogging about it.
Do you bowl, fish, garden, knit, shoot video, take pictures … are you a single mom, a single dad, an accountant with finance tips … do you have opinions on politics, education, crime … can you recommend a good book, explain how to do something better, faster, cheaper?
Whatever you have to teach others, blogging about it has never been easier. And we will feature the best entries on the home page.
How to Blog on Patch
- Sign in to your Patch account (it’s free, too)
- Click, Want to Blog on Patch? (Under Local Voices)
- Click Post on Patch (Bookmark this link to make it even quicker)
- Write a Post and click Submit (You can include photos and videos)
Tips for Bloggers
- Blog what you love, what you are passionate about.
- Make it useful. Teach something.
- Make it easy to read: Use lists, bullet points, subheads and short paragraphs.
- Make it a 2-minute read, or less: that’s about 600 words max.
- One post, one idea: keep it focused.
- Upload a profile photo for your Patch account.
- Use clear, short titles that attract readers (see the titles of this page above).
- Encourage readers to comment on your blog.
- Read other blogs.
- Read the Patch Blogging Guidelines.
Types of posts:
- Lists (Top 10 …; Five Things … etc.)
- Almost anything else …