Leaving Emmaus Patch for Thanksgiving? Here are some things you may want to know before you hit the road:
- AAA predicts that 42.5 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more during the holiday weekend (Wednesday – Sunday), which is 4 percent more than in 2010. It’s the first significant increase in holiday travel so far this year, although the average distance that people intend to travel is 110 miles less than last year.
- This Thanksgiving air travel is expected to increase, despite air fare being 20 percent higher than last year. Hotel rates are also expected to increase about 6 percent.
- AAA has some good news if you are planning to rent a car for Thanksgiving weekend: Rental car rates are expected to decrease 11 percent.
- Sixty percent of travelers say the economy has had no impact, or has made an improvement to their travel plans.
- Half of all Thanksgiving travelers plan to spend at least $59 more than they spent last year, with fuel and transportation costs equaling 33 percent of holiday spending.