earned $3.54 billion in the last year, placing it among the nation's 50 top-grossing hospitals, according to Becker's Hospital Review.
LVH was 36th on the list. The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian was first, with $10.19 billion in gross revenue, followed by the Cleveland Clinic with $9.86 billion and New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weil Cornell Medical Center with $8.06 billion.
Pennsylvania had eight hospitals on the list, more than any other state. The six other Pennsylvania hospitals that were on the list:
- 8. The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, $5.98 billion.
- 10. Temple University Hospital, $5.9 billion
- 15. Crozer-Chester Medical Center, $4.81 billion.
- 26. Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, $4.12 billion.
- 43. Abington Memorial Hospital, $3.31 billion.
- 46. Geisinger Medical Center, $3.22 billion.
LVH had $1.5 billion in revenue and $1.4 million in expenses, but an operating margin of $80 million.