Name: Lunachicks Softball Team
School: 16- and 17-year-old girls from , Moravian Academy and home schooled
Accomplishment: They are the #1 ranked team in PA & the Mid Atlantic Region, and #4 in the Nation for 16 "B" age group according to the USSSA (United States Specialized Sports Association) rankings.
Key to Awesomeness: The Lunachicks Softball Team, which is a member of the Lehigh Valley Girls Softball League and plays through the , won the 2011 USSSA Eastern World Series 16 "B" this summer in Salisbury, Md.
The team played nine games for the World Series title, winning each one. In addition to winning the series, the following trophies were won by the team and its members:
- Championship Trophy—won by the team
- Most Outstanding Pitcher—Rachel Brown
- Most Valuable Player—Lizzy Natiello
- Offensive MVP—awarded to the entire team because they couldn’t select an individual
- Sportsmanship Award, which is awarded for good behavior on and off the field at the World Series—awarded to the entire team
Members of the team include Emily Hockman, Kayla Higley, Lizzy Natiello, Cassidy Sullivan, Rachel Brown, Anna Corch, Meg Held, Anna Snyder, Franni Schaeffer, Taylor Brown, Nikki Golembeski, Paige Shingler, Cara Conrad.
Coaches: Deron Hockman, Amanda Schneck, Dave Schaeffer, Carl Schaeffer, Deb Golembeski, Samantha Schaeffer.
Just three years ago, these girls played in the 14 and under age group, and lost all their games. Now, they have done a complete turn-around and won them all.