But, thanks to the efforts of the Emmaus Main Street Partners, we'll be able to send summer off in style.
The 3rd annual Farewell Summer Festival kicks off at 10 a.m. in
Triangle Park and runs through the day, at various locations in the Borough. This year's event sponsors are Gross McGinley LLP and Susquehanna Bank, according to the Emmaus Main Street Partners' website.
So, without further ado, here's Saturday's schedule:
- Emmaus Sentinels Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps - 10 a.m. on the Triangle
- Children's Activities and Games, Face Painting, Parkour Demonstration and Live Music - 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on the Triangle
- Dog Costume Contest -10:30 a.m. at Spotted Dog Barkery . Contact Cindy at 610-965-2412.
- Apple Baking Contest for Amateurs - 11 a.m. at Emmaus Run Inn. $5 entry fee. Contact Julia at 610-965-9025.
- Hot Dog Eating Contest - Noon at Traub's Doggies. $10 entry fee. Contact Andrea at 484-225-2155.
- Banana Split Eating Contest - 1 p.m. at Creamery on Main. Contact Bill at 610-928-1500.
- Cupcake Decorating - 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on the Triangle.
- Chili Cook Off - 2 p.m. at David's Electric and the Emmaus VFW. $10 entry fee. Contact Jeff at 610-965-9734.
- Scavenger Hunt - 3 - 5 p.m. in downtown Emmaus. Pick up entry form at Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate. Contact Renee at 610-421-8887.
- Evening Concert on the Triangle featuring THE LARGE FLOWERHEADS!
Direct questions to 610-965-2174.