Invite a friend
Sowing Seeds Charity Bike Ride and Fun Run
The Lehigh Valley's unprecedented growth in recent years has been a boon to the local economy, but it has also come at the expense of prime farmland. To ensure that we don't continue to lose arable land to development, we need farmers to continue operating profitable farms in a way that protects and enhances our natural resources. Lehigh County created the Seed Farm, located on a 45 acre site in Upper Milford Township, to help train new farmers, and assist them in establishing new and sustainable enterprises in the region.
The fourth annual Sowing Seeds Charity Bike Ride and 5K, supported by the Wildlands Conservancy, will give participants the chance to run or ride through some of the area's scenic, fertile farmland. Not just a fundraiser to support the Seed Farm's important work, the event showcases area farms, as well as the men and women who own and operate these farms.
Choose a bike ride of 10, 20, or 40 miles, or a 5k run. Reward yourself after your run or ride with food from our local farmers.
Event highlights include:
1. WE'RE MOVING TO THE SEED FARM (5854 VERA CRUZ ROAD, EMMAUS, PA) IN UPPER MILFORD TOWNSHIP.
2. RUN A FUN 5K ON A CROSS COUNTRY COURSE THAT WEAVES THROUGH SCENIC FIELDS AT THE SEED FARM.
3. A CHANCE TO WIN THE ULTIMATE FARMERS' MARKET MACHINE: A GIANT ROAM 2 BIKE AND BURLEY FLATBED TRAILER. YOUR REGISTRATION INCLUDES ONE RAFFLE TICKET. YOU CAN BUY MORE TICKETS FOR $5 ONLINE OR AT THE SEED FARM STAND AT THE EMMAUS FARMERS' MARKET.
4. HURRICANE-PROOF ROAD MARKINGS FOR THE 5K AND 10, 20 & 40-MILE BIKE ROUTES.
5. FARM FRESH LUNCH, PREPARED BY THE BREW WORKS. AS USUAL, BREAKFAST WILL BE LOADED WITH LOCAL FRUITS AND PASTRIES.