Invite a friend
SnowBlast Winter Festival
The 6th Annual SnowBlast Winter Festival will take place throughout Emmaus, February 3 and 4, 2012. February is the perfect time to bundle up and head to Emmaus to have a blast … a SnowBlast! The festival schedule is packed with free, community-wide events.
Activities include many favorites such as the Friday night kick-off on the Emmaus Triangle with an appearance by the SnowBlast Ice Princess, Sculpted Ice demonstrations and the Emmaus Main Street Partners Ice Bar. A newer addition includes the SnowBlast Winter Festival Art Show and Sale at the Clock Building featuring a Lehigh Valley Jazz Ensemble and a special performance by the Emmaus High School Fermata Nowhere acapella group. Attendees will have a hands-on craft experience with Cedar Crest College art students and the C.R.E.A.T.E. Book Cart. Saturday continues with activities scheduled at the Emmaus Public Library and the Clock Building.
The winter season is an exhilarating time of year to enjoy a blast of outdoor activity and experience cool shopping, art demonstrations, cozy coffee shops, and dining.
Friday Night, February 3, 5 pm – 9 pm
- Opening Ceremony and Sculpted Ice demonstration, 5 p.m., Emmaus Triangle Park
- 2nd Annual SnowBlast Winter Festival Art Show & Sale at the Clock Building (320 Main Street) featuring a collection of artwork by local talent. Musical performances featuring a local Jazz Ensemble from 6:00 p.m. to 9 p.m. with a special performance from Emmaus High School’s Fermata Nowhere acapella group at 7:30 p.m.
- Hands-On Craft Activities with Cedar Crest College C.R.E.A.T.E. Book Cart (Community Related Experiences in Art Through Engagement) where attendees learn to make pocket-sized books and/or artist trading cards.
- Appearance by the popular SnowBlast Ice Princess! (5p.m. – 9 p.m.)
- Artist demonstrations, (Clock Building, various locations and artists TBA.)
- Emmaus Main Street Partners Ice Bar on the Triangle featuring the popular “Icetini,” Warm Spiced Wine, Lager, Soda, Bottled Water
- Tai Chi and asian drum demonstrations featuring instructors and students from Lehigh Valley Martial Arts. (Tai Chi – 6:15 p.m.; 7:15 p.m.; 8:15 p.m. and Asian Drum – 6:00 p.m.; 7:00 p.m.; 8:00 p.m.)
- Calligraphy demonstration (6:30 p.m.; 7:30 p.m.; 8:30 p.m.)
- Food featuring Armetta's Italian Restaurant & Pub, Emmaus Lions Club and Creamery on Main
- Outdoor Games (and fun!) – Snowman Beanbag Toss, Ring Toss and Fish Pond sponsored by Lehigh Valley Martial Arts
- Music by Wesley Works Entertainment
- Participating stores include Cottage (Winter Wonderland Party featuring crafts and Champagne and cupcakes with music by Emmaus Singing Society Band), Baked Café and Bakery, Out of Our Hands Gallery and House Splendid offering special SnowBlast Winter Festival activities!
- Fire Pit warming stations and more!
More About Triangle Park
When the fountain is operating in warm weather months, this tiny park glistens like a jewel in the heart of Emmaus. Previously just a lawn with a very large evergreen tree, Triangle Park has become a centerpiece landmark. It was completely redesigned to become more resident friendly. The $305,000 project was completed in 2009. A hotel and a stable once stood on the site of the park. Borough officials promise a cut evergreen will be decorated in the park every Christmas.