It’s the last hurrah of summer.
Schools are back in session but Labor Day offers one last chance to enjoy a long holiday weekend before vacations become a memory. Whether you head to the beach or enjoy a backyard cookout, remember to protect yourself from the sun.
It’s still hot outside and the sun’s rays are just as strong. That means sunburn is just as big a risk as ever. Excessive heat exposure can also lead to heat cramps and heat exhaustion. Enjoy some Labor Day fun, but do so safely.
• Always use sunscreen—even when it’s cloudy—and reapply at least every two hours.
• Wide brimmed hats will help protect your ears and neck from the sun.
• Drink water throughout the day in order to stay hydrated.
• Wear appropriate light-weight clothing.
• Avoid strenuous outdoor activity in the heat. Take frequent breaks in a cool place.