Ok, it's hot. And it will only be getting hotter over the weekend. You need something that will cool you from the inside out and we have just the ticket from our friends (and getting friendlier) at allrecipes.com.
Seriously, this recipe had me at "scoop into tall glass":
- 2 cups white sugar
- 7 cups water
- 4 tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups gin
- Put 7 cups water in large saucepan, and heat on high until boiling. Add sugar and stir until dissolved; set aside to cool. Place teabags in 2 cups boiling water, and let steep until desired strength is acquired.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar water, tea, lemonade concentrate and orange juice concentrate. Stir in gin. Place in freezer container and freeze overnight.
- To serve, Place several scoops into a tall glass, and fill with any clear carbonated beverage.
Try not to drink it too fast. We're envisioning a mass brain freeze if these cocktails are misused!
What's your favorite summer cocktail? Tell us in the comments or email ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.