We're a week into September and, like it or not, it's time to bid a fond farewell to Summer 2012. The Emmaus Main Street Partners Retail committe, along with fellow sponsors First Niagara Bank, PenTeleData and The Press, is hosting a daylong party in the Borough of Emmaus to help the community do just that.
Highlights of the second-annual Farewell Summer Festival include:
- 2nd Saturday Sidewalk Sales 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Children’s Activities & Games on the Triangle 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (sponsored by Active Learning Center)
- Pet Parade & Costume Contest at Buss Paint & Wallpaper 10-11 a.m. (sponsored by One Stop Pet Shop)
- Cash Mob 10:30 a.m. – meet at Creamery on Main
- Apple Pie Contest 11 a.m. at the Clock Building
- Hot Dog Eating Contest Noon at Traub’s Doggies rear parking lot
- Banana Split Eating Contest 1 p.m. at Creamery on Main
- Children’s Cupcake Decorating Contest 2 p.m. on the Triangle
- BBQ Rib Cook-Off 3 p.m. at Wentz Hardware
- Concert on the Triangle featuring The Large Flowerheads 5-7 p.m. (sponsored by Buss Paint & Wallpaper, Creamery on Main, Armetta’s Restaurant, and the EMSP Retail Committee)