Martin Luther King Day 2013: What’s Open or Closed?
Monday, Jan. 21 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Here's a list of openings and closings for the holiday.
Martin Luther King Day is being observed today, Monday, Jan. 21. It is a state and federal holiday. Here is a listing of what’s open and closed. Keep in mind that it is always best to check with your local business for their hours.
- Emmaus Public Library: Librarian Martha Vines reports on Facebook that the library will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. today.
- Emmaus Borough Council meets tonight at 7 p.m. in Emmaus Borough Hall. There is a General Administration Committee meeting at 6:30 p.m. and a Budget and Finance Committee meeting at 6:45 p.m.
- Shopping Malls
- Grocery Stores
- Gas Stations
- East Penn School District schools are closed.
- Emmaus Post Office and Old Zionsville Post Office: All U.S. Post Offices are closed today. There is no mail pick up or delivery on Monday.
- Pennsylvania Liquor stores are closed.
- Northampton County Courthouse is closed.
- Lehigh County Courthouse is closed.
- Northampton and Lehigh county government offices are closed.
- District Judge offices are closed.
- State offices are closed.
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation driver's license and photo centers are closed. (Online services are available. www.dmv.state.pa.us)
- Banks: Most banks are closed. Some branches located within retail stores may be open.
- Stock Market