Several students from Emmaus Patch have been cited by their colleges and universities for achievement:
Is there an Emmaus student you would like to congratulate for recent academic achievement? Tell us in the comments.
- Edward Hanna, of Emmaus, is one of 1,371 students named to Biola University's Fall 2011 Dean's List for academic excellence. Biola students who achieve a grade point average of 3.6 or higher while carrying 12 or more credit units and whose cumulative grade point average is at least a 3.2 are named to the Dean’s List. Biola University is located in Southern California.
- Marc Stecker, of Emmaus, has been named to the Central Penn College Dean's List for the winter 2012 term. Stecker is currently majoring in Accounting. To qualify for the Dean’s List at Central Penn, a student must carry six or more credits and earn a grade-point average of 3.5 or better for the term.
- Villanova University named two Emmaus residents to the Dean's List for the fall 2011 semester. Katharine Smolinski is a student in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and Patrick Topper is enrolled in the School of Business. To qualify, for Dean’s List, a Villanova student must be a enrolled full-time student and earn a semester grade point average of at least 3.5.
- Anthony Gulotta of Emmaus was among the 175 University of Scranton students inducted into Alpha Lambda Delta, the national honor society of freshmen. Inductees are full-time students maintaining a grade point average of 3.5 or above who rank in the top 20 percent of their class. Gulotta is majoring in accounting.
- Katie J. Yanochko of Emmaus was one of more than 700 students to graduate from Lock Haven University in Spring 2012. She earned the Bachelor of Science degree.