Five Things to Know Today: June 20
Summer officially begins today.
1. In Case you Missed It: Emmaus Borough Council voted in a new rate structure for the Emmaus Community Pool at Monday night’s council meeting. Not everyone is thrilled with the decision.
Do you know something that we should know today? Tell us in the comments.
2. Calling All Bloggers: Emmaus Patch wants to add some more local voices to our growing list of bloggers. So, if you have a topic you are passionate about and you’ve always had a secret (or not so secret) desire to write, let me know. If you are interested in learning more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. A Discipline Disaster: This week’s Moms Talk is about how strict parents feel they need to be in the summer. Do you relax the rules? Make the kids continue to tow the line? Share your thoughts in insights.
4. Quote of the Day: “Father asked us what was God's noblest work. Anna said men, but I said babies. Men are often bad, but babies never are.” –Louisa May Alcott
5. Today in History: On this day in 1947, organized crime leader Bugsy Siegel is shot and killed.