Five Things to Know: August 9
What a Long Strange Trip It's Been.
1. In Case you Missed It: Reminder: First Lady Michelle Obama to Campaign in Bethlehem Today
2. What do you think about summer homework? In this week’s Moms Talk we’re asking people to tell us what they think about giving kids schoolwork in the summer. We’d like to hear from you.
3. Quote of the Day: “Gardening is how I relax. It's another form of creating and playing with colors.” –Oscar de la Renta
Do you know something that we should know today? Tell us in the comments below.
4. Who the heck is Oscar de la Renta? One of the world’s leading fashion designers, Oscar de la Renta gained international acclaim when he became one of the designers responsible for the wardrobe of Jacqueline Kennedy in the 1960s.
5. Today in History: Jerome John Garcia, more commonly known as Jerry by Deadheads everywhere, died on this day in 1995.