The 2013 SnowBlast winter festival, run by the Emmaus Arts Commission, kicks off in the Borough of Emmaus on Friday, Feb. 1, with most activities scheduled from 5 to 9 p.m. Day two of the festival is set for Saturday, Feb. 2, with the bulk of the fun running between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
According to the Emmaus Arts Commission Web site, highlights of the activities for Friday, Feb. 1 include:
- Opening Ceremony, Emmaus Triangle Park – 5:30 p.m.
- Sculpted Ice demonstration, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Triangle Park.
- Emmaus Main Street Partners host Ice Bar on the Triangle featuring the popular “Icetini,” Warm Spiced Wine, Lager, Soda, Bottled Water.
- 3rd Annual EAC SnowBlast Winter Festival Art Show & Sale at the Clock Building (328 Main St.) – featuring a collection of artwork by local talent. Musical performances include EPSD Elementary Chamber Players, 6 to 6:30 p.m.; Lehigh Valley Horn Ensemble, 7 to 8 p.m.; Lehigh Valley Jazz Trio, 5 to 6 p.m.
- Interactive poetry happening as well as poems and music celebrating the Winter season with Lisa DeVuono, poet, and Michael London, musician, 6:30 to 7 p.m; 8 to 9 p.m. – Clock Building.
- Appearance by the popular SnowBlast Ice Princess, 7:30 to 9 p.m., Triangle Park.
- Face Painting and Silent Auction - Clock Building
- Artist demonstrations by Richard Farmer, Bob Boehmer, Dave Blank and Janelle Hamscher, 6 to 9 p.m., Clock Building.
- Family and summer-themed oil paintings by Emmaus artist Lauren Kuhn, artist demonstration, 6 to 8 p.m. – Creamery on Main, 332 Main St.
- Tai Chi demonstration featuring instructors and students from Lehigh Valley Martial Arts, 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m. – Triangle Park.
- Demonstration Team from Lehigh Valley Martial Arts, 6:30 p.m. – Triangle Park.
- Chinese Calligraphy demonstration by Linda Rashid, 5 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m. – Quaker Maid Kitchen & Bath, 337 Chestnut St.
- Emmaus Singing Society and Winter party – Cottage, 379 Main St.
- Superhero art by Marvel/DC artist Bob McLeod, 6 to 8 p.m. - The Finish Line Running Store, 10 S. 4th St.
- Photographer Lisa Furey showcases natural light lifestyle photos; Wine and cheese tasting - 2HipChics, 244 Main St.
- Jewelry-making demonstration featuring jewelry designer and artist, Denise Tempest, 6 to 8 p.m. – Emmaus Jewel Shop, 338 Main St.
- Food vendors at Triangle Park featuring Armetta's Italian Restaurant & Pub, Creamery on Main, Sugar So Sweet Cupcakes.
- Outdoor Games at Triangle Park – Snowman Beanbag Toss, Ring Toss and Fish Pond sponsored by Lehigh Valley Martial Arts.
- Music by Wesley Works Entertainment
- Lara Bly, Fashion Designer, demonstrating her creative fashion design on-site – Impulse Boutique, 346 Main St.
- Food specials – Traub's Doggie, 251 Main St., and Thai Thai II, 302 Main St.
- Asian Drum demonstration, 6:15 to 6:45 p.m. – Buss Paints, 327 Main St.
- Baked Café and Bakery, 228 Main St. – Special art opening of new artwork by local artists and Chill Chaser drink and food specials.
- Violin and Viola Duets by Michael Montero and Sharon Olsher, 8 p.m.; Stonekeep Meadery Wine Tasting – House Splendid, 345 Chestnut St.
- Painter and fiber artist Shirley Hartman featuring painted scarfs; musician Yancarlos Sanchez, 7 to 9 p.m.; Wine and Cheese – Amber Connection, 420 Chestnut St.
- Musical duo of MJM performing jazz tap guitar with vocals, 7 to 10 p.m.; Special art opening of new artwork by local artists; SnowBlast Chill Chaser drink specials - King Koffee, 506 Chestnut St.
- Fiber arts, open knit - Conversational Threads, 4 S. 4th St.
- SnowBlast Chill Chaser drink special at Lee Gribben’s; SnowBlast after-party, 9 p.m.
- "Winter Wonderland" Emmaus Historical Society, 5 to 9 p.m.
Visit the Emmaus Arts Commission Website to see the SnowBlast schedule for Saturday, Feb. 2.
For more information about SnowBlast 2013, be sure to check out these other Emmaus Patch articles: