Emmaus Halloween Parade Committee Seeks Donations
Head of volunteer group that runs the parade is asking for funds to help pay for the 2012 Emmaus Halloween Parade.
The Emmaus Halloween Parade Committee is asking community members for donations to support the 2012 Emmaus Halloween Parade.
According to written by committee chairperson Kathleen Mintzer that was recently sent to Emmaus residents, it costs about $15,000 to run the much-anticipated annual event. About 75 percent of the money donated is used for prizes. The other 25 percent is used to cover costs, such as police and fire protection.
The parade committee is an independent volunteer group and not fully funded by the Borough of Emmaus, the letter says. The committee typically solicits donations to pay for the parade.
Donations can by made to the 2012 Emmaus Halloween Parade at the following locations:
- Emmaus Bakery, 415 Chestnut St.
- Emmaus Borough Hall, 28 South Fourth St.
- First Niagra Bank, 731 Chestnut St.
- Lafayette Ambassador Bank, 1137 Chestnut St.
- Creamery on Main, 332 Main St.
- Wentz Hardware, 225 Main St.
Contributions can also be mailed to the Emmaus Hallween Committee at 28 S. Foruth St., Emmaus, PA 18049.
Funds are needed by October 12 to ensure that the 2012 parade happens, according to Mintzer’s letter. Checks should be made payable to the Emmaus Halloween Committee.
The Emmaus Halloween Parade is scheduled for Sat., Oct. 20 at 7:30 p.m.. The rain date is Sunday, Oct. 21 at 6:30 p.m.