5 Documents to Take to Kindergarten Registration
Here is all you need to know to register your child for kindergarten in the East Penn School District.
The East Penn School District has designated the week of March 18 to Kindergarden Registration throughout its seven elementary schools.
Children who will be 5 years old on or before Sept. 12 are eligible to enroll for the 2013-14 school year. There will be no exceptions to the age cut-off, according to Nicole Bloise, the district's commuity liaison.
Parents should register at the school the child will attend, she says, and the new students should accompany parents to registration to take advantage of screenings that will be offered.
If you need to verify which school your child will attend, you can call Wendy Crossley at 610-966-8321 or Nina Evans at 484-519-3210.
Kindergarten packets can be downloaded from the district's website and will not be sent out this year. You can, however, request a packet by calling Crossley at 610-966-8321.
Here are the five things you and your child should take to registration:
- Completed registration packet
- Child's birth certificate (request a birth certificate)
- Child's record of immunization
- Two proofs of residency that the child's legal parent/ guardian resides in the East Penn School District (refer to the Registration Packet for acceptable proofs of residency)
- Valid parent/guardian photo ID
Though the entire week of March 18 is dedicated to registration, specific building registrations will be held at 9 a.m. in these schools:
- March 18 at Willow Lane Elementary School
- March 19 at Wescosville Elementary School
- March 20 at Macungie and Jefferson elementary schools
- March 21 at Lincoln and Shoemaker elementary schools
- March 22 at Alburtis Elementary School
The first day of classes for the 2013-14 school year is Aug. 26.