Auditions for Civic Theatre "Next to Normal"
CIVIC THEATRE ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS FOR NEXT TO NORMAL
Pultizer-Prize Winning Musical Will Cap-Off Civic’s 2012-2013 Season
DATE CHANGE: Auditions Moved to Monday, March 18!
Civic Theatre of Allentown will hold open auditions for its May 2013 production of “Next to Normal,” the Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-winning musical by Brian Yorkey and Tom Kitt, on Monday, March 18 at 7 pm. Auditions will be held in the upstairs rehearsal hall of Civic’s 19th Street Theatre at 527 N 19th Street in Allentown. Callbacks will be held March 20. The musical will be directed by Civic’s Artistic Director William Sanders with music direction by Justin Brehm. Tickets are currently on sale for performances from May 4-10, 2013.
All roles are open. Interested performers should prepare 32 bars of music in the style of the show. An accompanist will be provided.
· Diana (30s-40s): Alto with belt/mix to E. Sexy, Sharp, Delusional bipolar depressive.
· Gabe (18*): Rock tenor to B. Diana's dashing, gentle, and bright son.
· Dan (30s-40s): High Baritone/Tenor to A. Diana's handsome, genuine, husband.
· Natalie (16*): Alto with belt/mix to E. Diana's daughter who is always trying to be perfect.
· Henry (17*): High Baritone/Tenor to A. Natalie's musician boyfriend, romantic but a stoner and slacker.
· Dr. Madden: High Baritone/Tenor to A. On the young side of ageless.
*To mid-20s. Must be able to play a teenager.
Those wishing to audition are asked to bring the following to the open call:
- A recent picture of you. This does not need to be a professional headshot, but should clearly show your face.
- A list of conflicts you will have from auditions through May 18, 2013. Rehearsals are scheduled to begin in March.
Tickets are currently on sale. Please visit www.CivicTheatre.com or call the Box Office at 610-432-8943 for more information.